Wednesday, March 9, 2016

OFF DAY for SAKA NEW YEAR 1938

Hi good people..
What are you doing in the day off like today?!
Me?! the hint is Bruno Mars song..Ahaha..Yeah I don't feel like doing anything :')*actually
However, since I try to be CONSISTENT to keep blogging regularly.
What I'm gonna do today is do Blogging. :')

I realized that today is an off day, but for sure, I didn't realize why today is off.
So I checked my calendar yesterday, and finally I knew that Today is Saka New Year 1938.
Saka Calendar is actually the official civil calendar in use in India, and also used by Indonesian Hindus.
In Indonesia, Saka New Year is identical with Bali (since Balinese majority are Hindus) and well known as "Nyepi Day" or Balinese Day of Silent.

One of my best friend, Anak Agung Oka Surya is Hindus. As I heard from her, during "Nyepi Day", Hindus have to stop their daily routine activities, they have to keep staying at home without any lights also entertainment. And more surprising, they also have to fasting in 24hours. So when "Nyepi Day" comes, you would never find the crowded roads like usual in all over Bali, since the roads just become void of any traffic.
I highly recommend you, don't ever go to Bali when "Nyepi Day", cause these rules are applied to the visitors also, except you wanna have the real "Nyepi Day" experience, just come and stay.

Well,
HAPPY SAKA NEW YEAR 1938 for BALI and  all colleagues who celebrate, especially for my dearest Anak Agung Oka Surya (and big fam) who celebrates in her new home town, Munich - Germany, for the first time. Hope everything will be better from now on. ASTUNGKARA..


Anak Agung Oka Surya and I, when we visited Bali on June 2014
Taken Place : Puri Gerenceng Pemecutan, Denpasar - Bali



Ps: I miss you anyway beb..Hope to see you soon within this year, AMINNN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment